Location: Lake Forest, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2023
Impact is hiring an Internal IT Support Supervisor for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace!
The IT Support Supervisor leads a team of skilled Internal IT Support Engineers whose goal is to provide the highest level of support while maintaining consistent quality of advanced technical solutions. The IT Support Supervisor is responsible for providing high-quality end user support across the organization and for driving the professional development of the Internal IT support staff, including mentorship, training, and performance evaluation. The position requires the ability to manage multiple team members in their support of different end users, systems, and projects.
IT Support Management
- Manage the support engineers performance as a whole and individually to foster continual improvement.
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate daily.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process which is documented, evaluated, and confirmed on a regular basis.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly reports on support team’s productivity.
- Stay current with emerging technologies to understand technical advantages and cost differentiators for upgrade or replacement analysis.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures within standard document repository.
- Develop innovative ways to automate processes of standard administrative tasks.
- Continually configure and modify the remote monitoring software for ideal alerting for failures and warnings to decrease company downtime.
- Act as the final tier for technical support and work with the team to resolve complex technical issues that are escalated from the support engineers to systems engineers.
- Provide the organization with clear and concise communication for any major changes that are happening that will affect end users for future changes to their current technology activities.
- Work with support team to implement quality control checks for new configurations for laptops that come in or out for end users.
- Monitor KPIs and benchmarks for support teams performance and ticket resolutions to ensure that employees are receiving the best quality support.
- Maintain a structure of support engineers available during the workday to provide a consistent level of support to internal employees that may be working in multiple time zones across the country.
- Schedule and maintain an organized rotation of support engineers providing emergency after hours support where necessary.
- Provide periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports for support teams performance, end user tickets, and relevant outages.
- Hire, train, and mentor a team of IT support engineers to work as members of the IT department in a cohesive method to provide top level of service to internal employees.
- Provide strong leadership and management of the Internal IT support staff including meeting regularly to review progress of work, resolution of problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement personal development plans for individual team members.
Things We Are Looking For
- Previous work experience as a Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Analyst
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong customer service skills
- Previous history as part of a Microsoft Partner organization or Managed Service Provider
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- PowerShell and other scripting methods
- Strong knowledge of SNMP and other monitoring protocols
- Clear understanding of O365 products and licensing models
- Working experience with Azure Active Directory in production environment
- Knowledge of Azure data connectors
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) discretionary match & retirement plans
- Continued education reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities