Location: Lake Forest, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Join Our Team as a Photographer/Retoucher at Impact, a Nationally Recognized Best and Brightest Workplace!
Impact is seeking a talented and driven Photographer/Retoucher to join its Media Production team. As a Photographer/Retoucher at Impact, you will be responsible for capturing high-quality photographs of people, places, and products. You will work closely with the corporate marketing team and Impact Managed Marketing with our clients to ensure the desired look and feel for the photos are achieved. You will also recommend creative ideas and solutions to enhance the photographs.
- Collaborate with creative directors, project leads, clients, peers, and other stakeholders to support marketing initiatives and client campaigns while balancing artistry, communication, and collaboration.
- Plan and conduct photoshoots on location or in studio. Subjects and types of photography include: architecture, office spaces, commercial, studio sets, editorial, events, photojournalism, headshots, portraits, lifestyle, products, and travel.
- Utilize an array of photography equipment, including mirrorless cameras, interchangeable lenses, off camera flash, studio strobe, continuous lighting, camera support, and grip equipment.
- Enhance and retouch images using Photoshop, Lightroom, and Capture One for color correction, skin retouching, and background manipulation. Ensure consistency in image style, color, quality, and desired aesthetics
- Tether on set and perform onsite photo editing and delivery to the social media team
- Evaluate large sets of photographs to choose impactful and successful images that meet the project requirements and brand standards.
- Maintain a well-organized file management system to ensure an efficient photography workflow, easy accessibility for collaborators, and retrieval for future use
- Manage and track photo equipment and inventory
- Travel to offices and sets as needed for projects
- Actively participate in meetings, brainstorms, webinars and other company events to provide innovative ideas that enhance our marketing and company culture and exceed goals and objectives.
Things We Are Looking For:
The ideal candidate for this photography position is a creative and artistic individual with a passion for capturing the perfect moment in time. They have a keen eye for detail, a deep understanding of both the art and science of photography, and the skills to translate that knowledge into truly stunning imagery. They are highly skilled in retouching, capable of tweaking and transforming raw images into aesthetically enhanced, finished works. Excellent communication skills are essential, whether it's interacting with clients or directing talent, to ensure that every photo shoot captures exactly what the client is looking for.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that values creativity and innovation. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to put their skills to the test, utilizing their knowledge of social media to help shape the company's online presence and connect with audiences in new and innovative ways. Whether they're on location at a photoshoot or in the studio, they will play an essential role in bringing the company's projects to life.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in photography art preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in photography
- Proven experience as a photographer in a competitive industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of photography art and lighting science
- Proficiency in the use of computers and photo manipulation software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Capture One, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects and Bridge, for retouching, editing, and file management.
- Strong creative presence and artistic flair
- Customer-focused, with a desire to overdeliver on quality
- Ability to follow instructions and achieve desired results
- Physical ability to stand and move around for long periods of time
- Flexibility to travel as required for the job
- Great eye for social media imagery to align with the company's social media strategy
Application Requirements: A portfolio of previous work is required to apply for this position.
Why Join Us: At Impact Networking, we believe that our people are the key to our success. We are committed to providing a supportive, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can grow both professionally and personally. If you are a creative and driven Photographer, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) match & retirement plans
- Student Loan reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities