Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2023
Impact is hiring an Internal IT Network Engineer for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace!
The Internal IT Network Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning and maintenance of Network-focused hardware and software within our extensive infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and the company for future growth.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Implement and maintain security protocols and best practices to protect the network infrastructure, including firewall rules, VPNs, and intrusion detection systems.
- Follow detailed engineering documents to plan, configure, and install network and computer equipment into new facilities that are planned.
- Ensure that hardware for new facilities is purchased, delivered, and configured to meet the schedule of facility.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures within standard document repository.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Configure and modify the remote monitoring software for ideal alerting for failures and warnings to increase company uptime.
- Collaborate with technology and service provider vendors and stay updated on Meraki product offerings and updates. Make recommendations for hardware and software upgrades or enhancements.
Operations and Support
- Manage open projects and update status on a regular basis.
- Provide Tier III escalation support for end users through the helpdesk phone queue and Ticketing system.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Respond to and resolve network-related issues promptly, ensuring minimal downtime and disruption to the client's operations. Provide technical support to end-users and colleagues.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Maintain documentation for operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Things We Are Looking For
- Previous work experience as a Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Analyst
- Cisco CMNA, CMNO Certification, or higher
- Azure Network Engineer Certification or related Associate certification
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.1x, QoS)
- Experience configuring Meraki Switches and Firewalls
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Practical knowledge of VLAN separation and routing techniques
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues, and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently.
- Organized vision of cabling to keep a clean and orderly appearance for future troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Azure connectivity services
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) discretionary match & retirement plans
- Continued education reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities