Impact is hiring a Field Network Engineer for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace!
The Field Network Engineer (FNE) will be utilized in many different capacities to ensure client success regarding the entire scope of our Managed IT services. The FNE will be the primary technical subject matter expert for MIT clients’ technical environment. The FNE maintains client uptime and improves their computing experiences through effective monitoring, maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities, as well as further developing our company’s positive reputation with existing clients through exceptional service. The role of the Field Network Engineer is challenging and rewarding, requiring a strong and vast technical skill set, along with business acumen and interpersonal skills. The position will require several different skills, beyond what is stated here. The focus of any job at Impact is always Excellent Customer Service.
- Produce the technical portion of the Business Transformation Assessment (BTA). The focus is on discovery and recommendation, taking data to produce strategy. This includes RMM tool configuration and deployment on the client network, physical review, documentation of the IT assets, and participation in onsite interviews. The FNE then must analyze the data collected and produce a detailed technical document that outlines the client network with our technical recommendations.
- When necessary, participate in phone conferences, in person meetings, validation, and proposal meetings with the Managed IT Business Development Specialist. The emphasis is always on showing the value, capability, and professionalism of our Managed IT services. Our goal is partnering with the client on our fully managed IT program.
- Scope and generate technical project plans, defining steps necessary for successful project completion and defining project milestones/timelines.
- Participate in end user on-boarding meetings to help explain the Complete Care program and show clients how to interact with our Service Desk. Walk users through the Complete Care end user guide and ensure the client understands the process while emphasizing our commitment to excellent customer service.
- The FNE will plan and lead the installation and configuration of recommendations made during the BTA. This requires the technical skills to implement the core networking technologies. These include Windows Server, Hyper-V, VMWare, Exchange, SharePoint, firewalls, switches, BDR solutions, PowerShell, Active Directory, Group Policy configuration, and cloud services such as Office 365, G-Suite, and Azure.
- Configuration of our RMM tool to monitor and alert on all critical client network components.
- Work with the Service Desk and Operations teams to plan and implement the client management and maintenance plans that include Windows and 3rd party software patching, A/V profiles and scan schedules, workstation clean up, Active Directory management, backup maintenance, and all network documentation.
- Work with clients’ line of business vendors.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots user computing issues to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Identifies user problems and works within a structured problem management and resolution process to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services.
- Utilizes Impact improved technologies to deliver on-site and remote user support services.
- On time documentation of issues within Impact’s ticket system.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers and engineers that further develop our company’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to the company.
- Follows a set of standards for documentation of customer network status and activities.
Things We Are Looking For
- Server Administration
- Experience with Windows 2012-2019 Server
- Active Directory design, management and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint management
- DNS, DHCP, and Remote Desktop Services
- VMWare, Hyper-V and other virtualization technologies
- Storage solutions: SAN, NAS, and Shared Storage
- Firewalls, switches, and other networking technologies
- Cisco Meraki, HP, and other technologies
- Disaster recovery solutions and backup technologies
- Office 365, Azure and other cloud solutions
- Mobile operating systems (IOS, Android, Windows)
- RMM tools such as N-Able, Kaseya or LabTech
Excellent in-person and remote client support skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Microsoft Fundamental and Associate certifications
- Cisco Certifications
Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared for on-site work with clients
- Excellent technical writing ability
Valued Qualifications (not required)
- 5 or more years relevant experience as a:
- Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, IT Administrator, NOC Engineer, IT Engineer, IT Consultant, IT Manager, Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Server Engineer, etc.
- Relevant industry certifications
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organizationBenefits
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) match & retirement plans
- Student Loan reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities