Location: Brookfield, WI, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2023
Impact is hiring an Internal IT Systems Engineer for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace!
The Internal IT Systems Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and the company for future growth.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Configure and modify the remote monitoring software for ideal alerting for failures and warnings to increase company uptime.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform and monitor daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services, as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Test upcoming updates for Company’s ERP system prior to deployments
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Things We Are Looking For
- Previous work experience as Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator, Network Administrator
- Microsoft Domain Environment with configurations of Active Directory and GPO
- Experienced with Office 365 Administration
- VMWare and Veeam configurations and deployments
- SQL and Database experience a plus
- Experience with RMM tools
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with Meraki Firewalls, switches, and Access points
- Switch, Router, & Firewall Configurations
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Proven experience with configuring VLANS in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Superior skills in organization, prioritizing, and multitasking
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) discretionary match & retirement plans
- Continued education reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities